Cinedigm Announces Continued Record Ad-supported Audience and Viewership Growth in May 2020
Key Milestones and Facts:
- FAST linear channel delivery reached approx. 10.4 million monthly active viewers across nine live channels across the company’s partner base including Xumo, Stirr, Samsung TV Plus™, The Roku Channel™, Vizio Watch Free™, DistroTV, Amazon’s IMDB TV, and many more.
- AVOD channel delivery reached approx. 2.8 million monthly unique viewers across six streaming channels on partners including Tubi, Stirr, Xumo, and others.
- Total viewing hours were up 43% from
March 2020, driven by an increase in user viewing sessions that were up by more than 77%.
- The company Increased highly valuable connected TV (CTV) ad requests to 92% of the company’s overall inventory mix. CTV Ad inventory remains in high demand by advertisers seeking to reach audiences in a “living room” environment who are increasingly reducing their time watching traditional linear television.
- The company added 12 new advertising demand partners since March, bringing the total demand partners filling Cinedigm Networks inventory to 30, and up from eight partners at the beginning of the year.
“We are in the middle of a generational opportunity as the
Updates on Recent and Upcoming Key OTT Initiatives:
- Launch of the Bob Ross Channel – Since launching in
April 2020, The Bob Ross Channel has quickly become the company’s #1 performing FAST streaming channel in terms of unique viewers and viewer sessions. Due to overwhelming demand from distribution partners, Cinedigmis rapidly expanding the channel’s distribution base and anticipates numerous new partner launches over the next 60 days that will rapidly increase the channel’s addressable footprint.
- Launch of Company Owned Networks – This month, the company announced the launch of CONtv Anime, a 24/7 Japanese Animation Network, along with the rebranding of the Viewster service in
Europeas CONtv Anime. Given the company’s library of more than 30,000 hours of digital film and television rights, the company plans up to two additional owned movie channel launches within the current fiscal year.
- Additional 3rd Party Operated Channels – The company anticipates the launch of four new channels with partners
All3Mediaand SPI Internationalin the coming quarter. The company reiterates its goal of expanding the overall number of channels under operation to more than 30 within the next 18 months.
- Distribution Expansion – Since the beginning of 2020,
Cinedigmhas entered partnerships that have dramatically increased addressable device footprint to an estimated 330 million in North America, and an estimated additional 365 million overseas, with an emphasis on The European Union, Latin America, and Asia. Since January, the company has announced launches on DistroTV, Zeasn/Philips, Vizio WatchFree, Foxxum, Redbox, and Vewd. The company plans to continue rapid expansion with digital platforms, OEMs, telcos, and cable & broadband providers both domestically as well as internationally.
For more than twenty years,
Press Contact for CIDM:
This press release contains forward-looking statements within the meaning of the “safe harbor” provisions of the Private Securities Litigation Reform Act of 1995 and other Federal securities laws. Words such as “expects,” “anticipates,” “intends,” "plans,” “believes,” “seeks,” “estimates” and similar expressions or variations of such words are intended to identify forward-looking statements. For example,
The forward-looking statements contained or implied in this press release are subject to other risks and uncertainties, including those discussed under the heading “Risk Factors” in Cinedigm’s annual report on Form 10-K filed with the
Source: Cinedigm Digital Cinema Corp.