Cinedigm Announces Record Ad-Supported User Growth Milestones for Q1 2020
Key Milestones and Facts*:
- FAST linear channel delivery reached approx. 7.2 million monthly active viewers across eight live channels across partner base including Xumo, Stirr, Samsung TV Plus™, The Roku Channel™, Vizio Watch Free™, DistroTV, and others.
- AVOD channel delivery reached approx. 2.2 million monthly unique viewers across five channels on partners including Tubi, Stirr, Xumo, and others.
- Total viewing hours were up 636% YoY and more than 419% since
- Total viewing hours were up 28% MoM in
March 2020with the commencement of shelter-in-place restrictions due to COVID-19.
- Increased highly valuable connected TV ad requests to 89% of overall inventory mix.
- Added three additional
Ad Demand Partnersin the Quarter.
*All figures based on Jan-
** YoY comparisons are between
“Our strategic focus on linear and scale AVOD channel deployment continues to pay off with rapid growth of our user footprint,” says
Updates on Recent and Upcoming Key OTT Initiatives:
- Launch of the Bob Ross Channel – Cinedigm’s Channel in partnership with
Bob Ross Inc.launched on April 16th 2020. The Channel will continue to roll out to additional platforms over the coming quarter and anticipates reach of more than 90 million homes by the end of Q2.
- Viewster relaunch – Cinedigm’s European-centric AVOD service Viewster relaunched in the EU on select smart televisions. Given Viewster’s extensive base of international content rights, we anticipate expanding the channels footprint further in the EU,
Asia, Indiaand LatAM over the coming quarters.
- Additional Owned and Operated Channels – Leveraging the company’s substantial film and TV library assets,
Cinedigmplans to launch two additional channels later this year, beginning with CONtv Anime, a 24/7 Japanese animation network to launch this quarter.
- Additional 3rd Party Operated Channels – The company anticipates the launch of two channels with our partner
All3Mediain the coming quarter. Additionally, the company anticipates adding at least one to two additional channel partners per quarter for the remainder of the fiscal year.
- Distribution Expansion –
Cinedigmfurther expanded our distribution footprint in Q1, including launches on Vizio WatchFree, Foxxum, Zeasn/Philips, Distro TV, Redbox, and others. The company plans on continuing our successful strategy of partnering with digital platforms, OEMs, telcos, and cable & broadband providers both domestically as well as internationally.
Press Contact for CIDM:
Source: Cinedigm Digital Cinema Corp.